EMS Vehicle / Ambulance Communications
Vehicle communications for EMS personnel is highly critical both en route to the incident and while transporting patients. The driver and the medical technician need to have the ability to communicate with each other, dispatch and the hospital simultaneously. Most importantly, they need to be able to speak face-to-face with the patient.
Setcom's System 950 is the tool you need in your rescue response vehicle. The Liberator Wireless Headset, used in conjunction with this system allows for the driver to speak with the med-tech as well as communicate with the hospital by incorporating cell phone and radio interface technology within the headset.
Wired System 950 Select features:
Example System Diagram: Click here
- Modular system accommodates up to three radios and ten crewmembers.
- Systems allows for up to 4 radio transmit positions (driver, officer, and medic)
- Double-shielded interconnect cables incorporate a shield on the microphone line and on the overall cable to prevent RF and EM interference.
- Full-Duplex Intercom System
- Headsets offer 23dB noise reduction for protection against siren noise.
Wireless System 950 Select features:
Example Diagram: Click here
- Wireless headsets offer the ambulance crewmembers the ability to move from the cab to the patient area without the need to switch headsets.
- "Instant On" - No need to turn the headset on and off. Advanced motion sensor technology has been integrated into the Liberator Headset. Headset shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity and will automatically turn back on when the user grabs the headset.
- Cell Phone Integration wirelessly connect the cell phone to be able to hear and transmit to a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone.
- Up to 30 hours of continuous talk time allows for more uses with fewer charges.
- Portable Radio Integration - the PRAC allows the firefighter to simultaneously communicate over 2 radio channels.
- Vented cup headsets are available to allow for more situational awareness and face-to-face conversations.
Other Systems to Consider:
Other Apparatus Configurations:
- System 1300: Ideal for rescue vehicles that have two radios for multiple operators. The only split audio intercom system on the market. Allows for easy communications with hospital radio and dispatch radio.
- TwinTalk™: For when only two people need wireless communications, the TwinTalk is a great solution. It is economical, easy to use, requires no installation and has all of the great features of the Setcom Liberator Headset. Vented ear-cups are also available.