|Liberator™ Wireless Mobile-Portable|
Continuing to set the standard in police motorcycle wireless communications systems, the Liberator 9 system eliminates the cable between the rider and the motorcycle. It seamlessly allows for rapid transition from using the mobile radio while on the motorcycle to using the portable radio while off the motorcycle.
- Extremely Long Battery Life - Setcom's system has talk time of up to 40 hours which easily accommodates extended shifts. Moreover, if the user accidently forgets to charge the SuperMic after a shift, he is not down the next day because of a depleted battery.
- No Syncing or Pairing - Just walk up to any motorcycle equipped with the Liberator 9 system and sit down. The Liberator 9 system automatically links with the wireless SuperMic without pushing any buttons. Switching motorcycles is as easy as walking over to another bike.
- No Radio Interference - Setcom's system uses Near Field Magnetic Induction (NFMI) which is a low power, low frequency technology designed primarily for military use. Because it uses magnetic induction, the technology is virtually immune to radio frequency (RF) interference.
- Personal Area Network (PAN) - The NFMI technology creates a highly secure communication "bubble" for the Liberator 9 user. The bubble allows for dedicated communication channels, no bandwidth sharing requirements, complete frequency re-use between bubbles, reliable coexistence with WiFi, CDMA, TDMA. and GSM, and very substantial savings in power.
- Ultra High Security - The system uses both encryption and the PAN to create a nearly impenetrable security system. Because of the tight range of the PAN, someone would have to almost hug the officer to be able to intercept communications and then they would have to decrypt the transmissions.
- No Interference between Multiple Motorcycles - The Liberator 9's Personal Area Network allows for officers to ride side-by-side and tire-to-tire without interference. Theoretically, an infinite number of bikes could ride together without issue.
- No RF Signature - Because Setcom uses NFMI there is no RF signature that criminals can detect. An officer can clandestinely approach a situation without any radio presence being sensed.
- Technology Developed for Military Use - Given the ultra secure and low power features of the system and the fact that there is no RF signature by the NFMI technology, the United States military has a number of classified applications of the technology in development.
- No Cable between SuperMic and Portable Radio - No physical connection exists between the SuperMic and portable radio. SuperMic is completely wireless when disconnected from the helmet.
- Backward Compatible with Current Setcom Helmet Kits - No reason to buy a helmet kit if you are already riding with Setcom.
- No Locking / Indexed Connectors - Setcom's SuperMic to helmet connection is with a Nexus connector which pulls apart with a solid tug.
- Designed to Withstand the Elements - Handlebar enclosure and PTT switch are fully waterproof (IP-X8). SuperMic is weatherproof (IP-X3).
Click for Ultra Light Wireless Earbud
Click for Ultra Light Wired Ear Piece
Click for example configuration (PDF)
Click for product specifications (PDF)
Click for Liberator Wireless Mobile-Portable flyer