Marine Police-Patrol Boat Communications
Leveraging Setcom's 45 years of experience servicing the communications of requirements of law enforcement vehicles and maritime communications knowledge, Setcom's patrol boat systems are designed for optimal performance on public safety radio systems while on the water. Setcom has engineered and configured a multitude of wired and wireless communications systems for advanced vessels.
Many of America's leading police departments are installing Setcom's System 977. One of Setcom's most recent public safety marine customers is the Texas Parks and Wildlife, which recently set in place Setcom's Wireless System 977. In order for Texas Parks to effectively enforce the Texas Penal Code, they must have absolute communications with their fellow wardens. Therefore, Setcom has become the solution to their communications challenges. Check out this video of Setcom's gear in action: Click for video.
Wireless System 977 Select features:
Example Diagram: Click here
- Modular system accommodates up to three radios and ten crew.
- Repairable parts decrease the lifetime cost of ownership, and fast repair turnaround decreases downtime.
- Up to 24dB noise reduction headsets help to protect crew members' hearing in noisy conditions caused by powerful engines, wind, water, and weapons discharging.
- "Instant On" - No need to turn the headset on and off. Advanced motion sensor technology has been integrated into the Liberator Headset. Headset shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity and will automatically turn back on when the user grabs the headset.
- Cell Phone Integration - Most Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones and other audio devices can be used directly with the Liberator Headset.
- Up to 30 hours of continuous talk time allows for more uses with fewer charges.
Other Systems to Consider:
- Wired System 977: When police department budgets are constrained or ease of daily maintenance is a priority, the Setcom wired System 977 is a perfect solution. Works well on smaller boats where there is not a lot of movement by crew members.
- TwinTalk: For smaller police-patrol boats or when only two people need wireless communications, the TwinTalk is the ideal solution. It is economical, easy to use, requires no installation and has all of the great features of the Setcom Liberator Headset.