A single person system for interior applications, the MAC-5B (microphone adapter cable) provides a mobile radio interface, a quarter-turn twist lock connector for a variety of heavy-to-medium duty headsets, and a port for an optional footswitch.
MAC-5B (Microphone Adapter Cable)
- A single person system that offers a radio transmit headset port for interior applications.
- Setcom offers MAC-5Bs for use with all commonly used mobile radios.
- For those mobile radios without an available accessory port, the MAC-5B offers plug and play installation through the radio's hand microphone port. For these installations, the MAC-5B includes an alternate port for the hand microphone. Where incoming audio is not available at the microphone port, the MAC-5B includes flying leads to parallel to the radio's external speaker leads.
- The MAC-5B accommodates a wide range of Setcom headsets.
- Radio cable incorporates a shield on the microphone line and on the overall cable to prevent RF and EM interference.
- MAC-5B headsets come standard with a 28" straight cord wired to an in-line box that features a push-to-talk switch and a clothing clip. The in-line box connects to the MAC-5B unit through a heavy duty 14' coil cord terminated with a quarter-turn, twist-lock connector.
- The MAC-5B system offers optional radio select modules that allow a user to monitor up to three mobile radios and transmit on a selected radio using a rotary switch. To accommodate exterior applications, the radio select module, which includes a headset port, is housed in a weatherproof enclosure remote from the MAC-5B unit and mobile radio.