A single person system for interior applications, the MAC-5C (microphone adapter cable) is ideal for dispatch centers. It provides a mobile radio interface, a pigtail which mates with Setcom's ultra-lightweight FLH headset, and a port for an optional footswitch.
MAC-5C (Microphone Adapter Cable)
- Similar to the MAC-5B, the MAC-5C allows a user to interface Setcom's ultra-lightweight FLH headset to a wide range of mobile radios.
- Setcom offers MAC-5Cs for use with all commonly used mobile radios.
- For those mobile radios without an available accessory port, the MAC-5C offers plug and play installation through the radio's hand microphone port. For these installations, the MAC-5Cincludes an alternate port for the hand microphone. Where incoming audio is not available at the microphone port, the MAC-5C includes flying leads to parallel to the radio's external speaker leads.
- Radio cable incorporates a shield on the microphone line and on the overall cable to prevent RF and EM interference.
- A pigtail terminated with a five-pin, mini-DIN connector mates with the FLH headset.
- The FLH headset can be connected directly to the MAC-5C or through a lightweight coil cord assembly equipped with an in-line push-to-talk switch (PTT-MAC5C-1) wired in parallel with the MAC-5C's footswitch port.
- The MAC-5C system offers an optional radio select feature that allows a user to monitor up to three mobile radios and transmit on a selected radio using a rotary switch. The rotary switch and MAC-5C unit are housed in a compact enclosure that is ideal for command vehicles and other applications where space is at a premium.